Sunday, April 1, 2012

IVF Retrieval Procedure Date Set!!

Day 11 of IVF stimulation and day 23 over all.

It's been a busy couple of days dominated by visits to our fertility clinic but we have set the date for our egg retrieval procedure!!! This coming Tuesday, April 3 at 8:30 AM, will be the retrieval procedure.

Our clinic has felt like a second home these last few months


As of this morning we have 20 follicles on each side with 8 or 10 follicles all measuring at 1.6 or higher! I feel like I have an alien inside of me or like a walking gum ball machine but we are both very pleased with how things have gone so far! Everything looks good according to Karen and tonight at 10:30 PM exactly Chris will give me my HCG Trigger shot.

What the heck is a trigger shot? It sounds kinda scary right? I certainly thought so the first time I heard of it and I have to admit that the medicine in this one stings like a bad bee sting as it goes in. Not very pleasant but you only have to take it the one time.

"The hCG trigger shot is a dose of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin, which normally is produced by the body after implantation of a fertilized egg into the uterine lining. This medication is delivered by injection and is timed to coincide with the final maturation of the ovarian follicles. When the hCG shot is delivered, those follicles release their eggs and a woman may become pregnant. The hCG trigger shot is used in fertility treatments such as timed intercourse and medicated cycles for intra-uterine insemination and in-vitro fertilization."

No pics to offer with this definition but it's a single injection into my stomach (you should see how swollen and bruised it looks now, very attractive), and then we have no injections tomorrow, YAY!  We will go into the clinic Tuesday morning and be prep'd for the procedure which in all should take no more than an hour. They do local anesthesia ( man I HATE IV's) and then retrieve the eggs in clinic. Chris gets to go into the procedure room with me and hold my hand....best part about it all. Well that and the snacks they give you as you recover :)

Karen switched me over to low dose HCG injections Friday afternoon after she got my blood work back and wanted to concentrate on allowing the follicles to continue to grow but not to over produce any more and run the risk of over stimulating me. It's been one injection a night and since it is low dose HCG they have stung but not too badly.

I've also been visiting my Clinical Massage Therapist Carla McGuire conveniently located in the same building our fertility clinic. She has been administering Fertility Massage therapy in conjunction with Acupressure therapy. I really enjoy visiting with her and find her to be very comforting.

Carla McGuire my Clinical massage therapist

I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a way to relax and add some positivity to their days. Mrs. Carla's link is listed below

Carla's Massage room, incidentally I want one of those massage tables. They are amazing!

Sound therapy

Carla has used the above tools during our sessions for Sound therapy. Here's the link if your interested in learning more on what exactly that is. I'll be honest with you, I'm still unsure of how it exactly works but it's a very interesting experience.


Will post tomorrow to let you know how the HCG trigger shot goes this evening. Pumped to watch Game of Thrones and Mad Men tonight! Oh and making homemade Chicken Alfredo. YUM.








1 comment:

  1. Wow, very nice blog. Thanks to sharing it. Are you searching the best IVF centre in India? Your destination is here. Click on this link and visit the official website of Sofat Infertility an Women care Centre.

    ReplyDelete