Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 44....The Waiting Game

 This beautiful Sunday afternoon marks day 44 of our IVF cycle number 2. My sincerest apologies for not updating the blog earlier than today but I've been busy with work and processing the information we were given this past Wednesday after my second blood test.

Thank you everyone for your incredible messages of love and support! Wednesday afternoon we heard back from Karen, our IVF nurse, that our blood work had risen, but not enough for them to be confident that the pregnancy would continue to be successful.

Our original HCG beta number was 15 and Wednesday it had only risen to 19.9. Karen started off our phone call by saying "I'm so sorry but I don't have good news for you." I started crying but tried to listen to everything she was telling me.

She told me our chances didn't look good at keeping the pregnancy but that "it was not impossible". I felt so many different things at that moment and tried very hard to stay calm. Chris was at work so I had to tell him the news over the phone which was difficult.

Karen also wanted us to continue with the 2 a day progesterone injections in my hip. This didn't make me very happy either and each time we do it I try to count down and say in my head "Only 6 more, ...only 5 more....only 4 more."

Beautiful arrangement from my sister Nicole

My darling sister sent me the most gorgeous arrangement of sunflowers and roses along with yummy chocolates because in her words "she couldn't be here with us." My wonderful boss and friend Danielle also stopped by with beautiful flowers and sat with me until Chris came home from work. We are both so blessed to have such amazing friends!

Chocolates from Nicole and the twins with the SWEETEST note!

Beautiful flowers from Danielle and her husband Brett

Chris and I are doing well, we have our moments of frustration and wishing that we didn't have to go through this but it will all be worth it in the end. If our little Baby Baker fighter hangs on, then there is no greater reason for all of this, if not.....well, then we know we did everything we possibly could to have a child on our own. 

It's very difficult to imagine our little one in there struggling but we've received several messages from friends and family that low hormone levels can happen with successful pregnancies. We love each other very much and would do anything to help our little Baby Baker. 

We're going back in to the clinic Tuesday morning for another blood test. According to Karen this test should let us know definitively if our pregnancy will continue. If our levels are still low and not progressing they will more than likely take me off the progesterone shots. I'm not sure of all the details and honestly don't want to think about it till we have to. 

Thank you everyone for staying with us and praying so hard for us! Will keep you informed as Tuesday approaches. Have a good rest of the weekend and enjoy this wonderful weather!  

No comments:

Post a Comment