Sunday, April 29, 2012

Google is the devil

Today is day 51 of our IVF series 2, and day 24 of our embryo transfer. Not much has changed with us since my last post. (Warning....too much information about to be shared regarding my body and if you aren't up for it then look away now. I promise my feelings won't be hurt)

There are only two things that I am certain of these days. One is that I am driving my doctors and sweet nurses crazy, and two is Google is the devil. After each panicked call, including this morning at 8:30, of is this normal and why is this still happening? I am reassured that "as long as you don't start bleeding more blood than you ever have in your life and large clots you are fine."

Let me back up a moment...my apologies once more for being WAY too graphic with this but it is a fertility blog and this is what's currently going on and freaking us out. I started having brown blood here and there about a week and a half ago intermixed with light pinkish red blood. I was told that as long as it didn't get heavier than a period then we were fine.

That's nice to hear of course but I swear I hold my breathe every time I use the restroom. It really is terrifying just waiting to see if it does indeed worsen and become "heavier". Light cramping, some tiredness, heartburn right in the middle of my sternum, but all in all that's about it. I even asked Karen our fertility nurse if it was normal that I wasn't experiencing any other pregnancy symptoms yet.

She very sweetly replied, "Yes, that's fine. Everyone's body is different." I was also switched off the progesterone injections to progesterone creams that you have to (look away squeamish people) insert and apply twice a day. It's better than a needle but that also has caused some changes with my body that I wasn't exactly prepared for.

After googling symptoms which I KNEW was a horrible idea I had convinced myself that 1) I was having an ectopic pregnancy 2) might be on our way to miscarrying. I know....I'm awful but sometimes you just can't help looking around for online reassurance that you aren't alone in what's happening and that everything will be ok.

Francis told me once again this morning that, "I may experience this spotting throughout our entire pregnancy" and that "that area of my body is very sensitive and this may be "irritating" it" hence the bleeding etc. She also told me that there was nothing they could do at this time, that she would be praying for me, and to keep our appointment for this coming Thursday for our first ultrasound.

Bottom line, we will just have to pray, and wait and see.

I know I've said it before but we really do love our doctors and nurses with this fertility group. They are so patient and supportive. Anyone that can put up with me and my ailment neurosis is a saint!

On to a lighter note :)

We decided to chaperone Chris's student's prom last night and let me just tell you, that was SO much fun!

Chris and I being goofy in the prom photo booth. Fake mustaches, a pipe and boa make the perfect additions to our outfits.

My apologies for the blurry pics. My blackberry might be on it's last leg.

Prom arch lit and dazzling!

It really was great to watch the kids enjoying their prom last night. I didn't witness any teenage girl drama other than some wardrobe malfunctions and all in all they were a well behaved group of kids. That just made me sound really old didn't it?

The kids really do adore my husband "Mr. B" or "Mr. Baker" and I get a kick out of watching him interact with them. No we didn't dance since the music was pretty much relegated to anything from The Black Eyed Peas and hard core booty music. 

About to get off the couch and start my marinara for pasta and homemade meatballs. Why am I suddenly craving a chocolate milkshake from McDonald's? 

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone and thanks for all of your sweet messages!!




No comments:

Post a Comment