Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Yes friends and family...as of yesterday afternoon at 1:45 PM we are PREGNANT!!!!!!!!

To say I was shocked doesn't seem sufficient. I was so prepared for it to go the other way that I still haven't really processed it yet. There is a little catch with this wonderful news though...as there always seems to be with us. Karen told me my "hormone level was a little low" and that we were to increase my progesterone shots to twice a day and come back Wednesday for another blood test.

They want to see my levels rising or doubling for the pregnancy to be considered "clinical". I must say I didn't realize there could be something called "chemical pregnancy" until yesterday but apparently there is.

A "chemical pregnancy" is where you miscarry very early on after a positive pregnancy test due to varying factors. One of them being low hormone levels. I am trying very hard to just enjoy the fact that Chris and I ARE pregnant right now and not worry about tomorrow's outcome.

My at home digital pregnancy test POSITIVE!!!

Yesterday really was a wonderfully surprising day! Chris took the day off work and went with me into the clinic a little after 9:00 to take our blood test. Several other women were there to do the same and we all wished each other luck as we passed each other in the hallways. 

Janice (the most awesome lab tech ever), let me lie down to draw my blood, wished us well and sent us on our way. On our way out Karen gave us a sweet smile and told us she would be calling us later with the results. 

We then decided to try to keep our selves busy and enjoy the rest of the day unlike our first series when we went straight home and just sat in the bed driving ourselves crazy until we got the call from Karen with our news. 

We headed over to the Homewood area of Birmingham  and then into my absolute favorite store At Home. Yes it's a home goods store but man is that place cool! I want everything in it....would live in there.

At Home store in Homewood. One of everything please.

At Home candle aisle. Yep, this is heaven.

We then had worked up an appetite and drove over to Mugshots in Vestavia Hills. Now I go back and forth over who has the best burger in town between Mugshots and Five Guys. When you are potentially having a bad day, you can't go wrong with a big greasy burger and fries. I can feel you all judging my eating habits lately but I'm eating for comfort right now. Not to worry I will balance it all out soon!

Mugshots menu. Look at all the burgers to choose from!

Excuse my language but HELL yes! The Comeback Burger with beer battered fries. I promise not to make a habit out of this.

After a very filling and satisfying lunch Chris and I finally made our way back home. Caught up on Sunday night's episode of Mad Men and waited for "the call". I strategically had my tissue ready and waiting as well as a chilled bottle of wine. 

It turns out we didn't need either! Still shocked but very happy. Well, happy doesn't cover it but also cautious and I really wish I didn't have to feel that way right now. Calling all of our friends and family was the most fun I've had in a while. 

My sweet mother's response when I quietly said "Hi, we're pregnant" was "baby you wouldn't kid me would you?" She was so sweet about it and probably just as shocked as we were. It's been over 4 years of hearing and seeing NO that when you finally see YES you really have to take a moment for it to process. 

Thank you so much everyone for all of your sweet messages, texts and love. I especially love the texts I got this morning from my Dad and my sister reminding me that I am in fact pregnant and to enjoy it.

Nicole- "You ARE Pregnant :)" 

Dad- "Have a wonderfully pregnant day sweetie"

See? No matter what happens with us we will be just fine. Thank you so much for all of the continued prayers!!! We need them now more than ever! I go back to the clinic tomorrow morning and will wait to hear from Karen in the afternoon once again. Much love, off to have lunch with my besties Andrea and Casey.





No comments:

Post a Comment