Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 8 of Stimulation IVF Series 2- Grow follicles Grow!

Today is Day 8 of IVF Stimulation and Day 20 of IVF injections over all. Time really has flown by this series and I can't believe how close we are to the retrieval procedure! I came home to the most gorgeous multi colored roses, a box of chocolate, and sweet note from my sister Nicole, Cooper and Mackenzie.

Coolest thing ever when flowers come shipped this way :)

Aren't these gorgeous? Multi-colored roses from my sissy

I plan on sharing these with Chris but the peanut butter truffle is MINE! 




 I went to the clinic yesterday morning for a monitoring appointment and came back with GREAT news!

They did a blood draw, (the nurse who does my blood draw is the nicest lady ever by the way), and then an ultrasound to see how things were looking. I was SHOCKED when Karen (our fertility nurse who is absolutely amazing in her own right), looked at the screen and started counting......and then kept on counting.

(link for Karen Hammond below if you want to check out her impressive stats)

http://www.alabamafertility.com/afshealthcareteam.html

We have 22 follicles on my right side and 15 on my left!!! That is absolutely crazy! 

To put this into proper prospective on the same day during our first cycle we only had 5 follicles on each side. I am so glad they decided to up my drug dosage this time so that we would not have the same follicle issue we did the first series.  I had a pretty bad migraine Tuesday night but other than feeling like I have an alien inside of me I feel pretty good. Swollen, bloated, and cramping but nothing I haven't felt before.

Karen told me that everything looked "text book perfect" and to come and see her Friday morning for more blood work and monitoring. It's getting close and I'm anxious to hear what Karen has to say tomorrow in regards to the timing. We need the follicles to have grown to a certain size before they can do the procedure. And as my sister says "GROW FOLLICLES GROW!!"

Precious note from my Sis & her babies

My bedside table filled with positive affirmations and my lovely flowers


1 comment:

  1. GROW FOLLICLES GROW!!! I am so excited that the flowers and chocolate made you happy today. The roses are beautiful colors (I am a big fan of ProFlowers.) I can't wait to hear the sizes after tomorrow's appointment!
    MOOCHIES!!!

    ReplyDelete