Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 37...Resolved

Today marks day 37 (54 injections) of our second IVF cycle. Tomorrow we find out if we are pregnant. I have so many mixed emotions going on right now it's kinda hard to keep up.

Yesterday was a truly wonderful day spent with my husband Chris. It was the first time in 2 weeks I had felt well enough to leave the house and just enjoy our selves. We love to wander around these little junk/antique consignment shops in our area because you never know what buried treasure you may unearth.

Green Hippo planter at antique store

Like this treasure above, a green hippo planter for only 15 bucks! It made us think of our darling niece Mackenzie who has a major passion for hippos. Sadly we left him there and moved on to our next adventure.

At our next stop we found this amazing Panda Alpaca throw...bit too pricey for us but it was so soft that I wanted to cuddle right up with it.

Panda Alpaca rug that was so snuggly

From there we stopped in and got some ice cream then headed to one of Chris's favorite places to wander, 2nd and Charles. It's a gigantic used book store that buys and sells books over by the Galleria in Birmingham. Super cool place and Chris could spend hours in there just looking for old 70's versions of his favorite authors' novels. He also looks for books that his students at his school may be interested in reading. I tend to lose myself in the cooking and entertaining section and dream of touring the Italian country side eating my way through tiny towns and villages.

We then decided to go the Birmingham Botanical Gardens since it was such a gorgeous day and I had been cooped up for weeks not feeling well in our bed. 

Chris checking our the rose garden at the Botanical Gardens

It was a gorgeous windy spring day as we walked through the Chinese mediation gardens and stopped to literally smell the roses. The gardens were filled with families posing their dressed up children near certain flowers for pictures and prom couples awkwardly tromping through fountains smelling of axe men body spray and baby powder. 

Girls in hoop skirts at the gardens

We also came across a group of girls in hoop skirts and full southern belle get up. Not sure if they were part of the prom entourage we saw or some other group but I couldn't resist sneaking a pic. 

After the gardens we headed over to one of our favorite restaurants in Birmingham, The Tavern. The Tavern to Chris and I is comfort and happiness and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go while we were in town. 

Club Sandwich with a mountain of fries

It's simple food done well. I actually used to wait tables there 12 years ago with my best friend Casey and the staff there still comes up to my husband and I and treats us like family. We love it there and feasted on our massive sandwiches and fries. 

It was time to end our magical day of fun with my progesterone hip injection. I lay down on my stomach and face away from the injection site. Chris is so good at calming me and always plays a little video of me with my sister's kids to get me into the right frame of mind (will see if I can post that video here soon).

Me cuddling with splash & Kiki waiting for my injection

Pictures of Cooper and Mackenzie, this helps me get through it

Very swollen hips and belly. Massive bruising all the way around


It went fast, not too much blood this time, (sometimes there's blood that pools and runs out at the injections site..it can be scary) and I could put on my pj pants and find a good movie to cuddle with Chris to and fall asleep. 

We go in to the clinic tomorrow at 9:00 AM for our blood test. It goes very quickly but then we have to wait on "the call" from Karen letting us know if it worked or not. We had to wait till after 2:00 PM the first IVF cycle and I am anticipating the same amount of waiting time this time around. We will try to keep ourselves busy until then and will try to let everyone know one way or the other as soon as we are capable and have a moment to ourselves with the news. 

Thank you everyone for your prayers and constant support! We will continue to need it and you!




4 comments:

  1. LOVE!
    You will be on my heart all day tomorrow...can't wait to hear the happy news! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweet Margo :) thinking of you as well

      Delete
  2. Praying and crossing my fingers!! Love sent from Norway to you both! Xox

    ReplyDelete