Sunday, May 6, 2012

Brief Update

Chris and I wanted to post a very brief update for those of you who don't follow me on Facebook and I are curious of our status. We are doing ok.

We found out this past Thursday the devastating news that we had lost our little Baby Baker. We laid there holding our breathe as the ultrasound screen became live and then.............nothing. Nothing was found in my uterus.

They quickly drew my blood to check my HCG levels. We had to wait an additional hour in office for the rushed results and to say that was unpleasant would be putting it lightly. (I will get into all of this more after tomorrow's appointment).

We were then told my levels came back at almost 4000 which is high. High levels on HCG with nothing in my uterus can only really mean two things. Either we miscarried, which is a possibility since I was bleeding and had a particularly bad evening this past Tuesday, or we have an ectopic pregnancy.

Ectopic pregnancies in short mean that the pregnancy is not in the uterus and can be potentially very dangerous if not found and terminated.

Scary. Heart breaking.

We were advised to go home and wait till Monday to re-evaluate. I have felt ever since that I have a  potential ticking time bomb within me and really haven't been able to relax. I haven't even been able to really fully process everything and mourn because of the fear.

My wonderful mother drove in late Thursday evening to be with us and we have been taking it easy this weekend. Good food, movies, and cuddling. She's currently making us her famous "Hug in a Pot" for dinner. Tender pot roast with gravy, potatoes, veggies, corn on the cob and biscuits! Will take pictures and post later.

We go into the clinic tomorrow morning for more blood work and waiting. If it's still high they will give me a shot to terminate it. If not, then we already miscarried. Like I said, I really haven't been able to process everything quite yet but want to thank everyone for your love and support.

Will update as soon as I can after we get the diagnosis from our clinic tomorrow. Prayers please!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment