Wednesday, February 22, 2012

If you're visiting our blog for the first time and thinking, "wait, why is she talking about food and cooking and not infertility?", then I would laugh and smile and tell you yes, struggling with infertility is a huge chunk of our life right now but not the whole.

Chris and I love food, I love to cook, and I also happen to work in the catering business so chances are some of my posts will be yummy food related.

To add some "pep" to an otherwise boring week I decided to try a new recipe from Pinterest. If you're not familiar with Pinterest it's another social networking site that acts like a giant virtual pin board. You log on and "pin" things that interest you like art, music, fashion, food etc. Did I mention it's addicting?

A good friend of mine recommend this recipe from the site and I tried it and LOVED it! Here is a picture of my results:

White Chicken Enchiladas

Here is the recipe as well. If you are wanting to "slim it down" a bit I would suggest substituting regular sour cream for light as well as the cheese. I also used a store bought rotisserie chicken that I then shreded. All in all it was a success and only took about 45 minutes total in cooking and prep time. Totally worth it! The sauce was SO creamy.


On another fun note Chris and I received some Valentine's friends via our niece and nephew (Cooper and Mackenzie). According to my sister Mackenzie wandered around the store and picked out the presents she thought would be perfect for us. Ready to see?

Kiki the Panda and Splash the Killer Whale

The Panda is of course for me and the whale is for Chris. We aren't quite sure why Mackenzie picked out a whale for him but they have been added to our collection of "friends" and hold a snuggly and cuddly place in our hearts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment