Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fundraising for Baker Baby...New Updates and Events


If anything positive can come out of what my husband and I have been through on the road to Baker Baby it can be this....the unveiling of the best friends we could possibly ever have.

My best friend, Casey Schaffer (she's going to be super embarrassed that I am putting this up here)
Casey and I the day of her wedding


 Andrea Anderson my other partner in crime (who is gorgeous but also camera shy or I would post a pictures as well), Nicole Eisenberg my amazing sister who you've heard about previously, my Mother, my Dad and so many others have come forward with not only love and support but creative ideas of how to help us fundraise for Baker Baby.

Infertility is not only heartbreaking....it's bank breaking.  Insurance in the state of Alabama does not cover infertility procedures or drugs at this time. I hope for that to change as soon as possible but we all know how tricky that is. I have a friend who lives in the UK that was telling me the other day that they cover up to 5 IVF treatments fully. All meds, all procedures covered. I was blown away by that and so happy that one of her friends was allowed to use that service and is now a mother because of it.

The moment I called my sister crying that we were not pregnant after our fist IVF attempt she created her fundraising website http://www.giveforward.com/bakerbaby?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_wall&utm_campaign=vanity_page&og_action=hug

She is participating in the San Diego Half Marathon March 11th, 2012 and is running and fundraising in honor of Baker Baby. Here is the back of her running jersey she had made just for the occasion! If you haven't visited her site yet please do!

Her twins call me "Aunt Panda" hence the adorable Panda picture

Casey, Andrea, and my Mother all began plotting as well as to what other fundraisers we could do in addition to my sister's running her half marathon. We will be hosting a BIG yard sale March 3rd at Casey Schaffer's house in Birmingham Alabama. We are asking for donations for that yard sale via facebook, twitter, emailing campaign and good ol' fashioned begging. 

My Mother, my sister, Cooper (my nephew) and myself 


We also have one of Casey's good friends, Lisa Gray, hosting an online fundraiser with her company MyThirtyOne. She very graciously offered to host the event as well as donate 100% of her profits directly to the Baker Baby fund!! Her site is adorable and they sell the cutest things. Please be sure to check it out and spread the word! 

MyThirtyOne.com



Very rainy Saturday today. Perfect for catching up with friends, blogging, digging through my closet for yard sale items, and snuggling with my husband while he reads. 





No comments:

Post a Comment