Monday, July 9, 2012

California Dreaming

July 9th, 2012~ California Dreaming

Yes. I have been horrible about updating this recently and feel pretty guilty about it. Chris and I have had a busy, wonderful summer so far. This time last year we were in the middle of our first injectable drug IUI series and consumed with everything that entails. Never fun to go through that but really un-fun around holidays when you can't really enjoy them like you normally would.

So this past 4th of July we got to spend it with good friends and kicking back. I know many of you are wondering what is going on with our quest for Baby Baker and I promise to keep you up to date on that front :) You may be reading this and thinking....eh, I don't really want to know about your vacation this summer, I'm curious about your adoption process or fertility issues. To that I say thank you so much for your care and concern, believe me, it is always at the forefront of our thoughts. And a big thank you to those who have reached out to Chris and I during this process. We continue to be amazed.

Also, if you have questions regarding our fertility journey or anything specific please do not hesitate to message me. I have already received some wonderful messages from some of you from all over the country and would love to help in any way I can.

In our last post I briefly talked about our trip to San Diego to visit my adored sister, her precious twins, and her husband. We were incredibly blessed that Nicole was given two Southwest airline tickets for free and made a beeline for the coastline.

Me on Coronado Beach



Sweet welcome sign the Twins made for us


View of downtown San Diego from Coronado

We LOVE California...but we LOVE seeing my family even more. My sister and I truly are best friends and her twins, well, they mean the absolute world to me. We typically get to see them once, maybe twice a year which is hard on everyone. Thank the Lord for skype and free tickets from Southwest! We were also excited about seeing her husband Mitch whom we had missed the last few times visiting due to his military deployment. 

With no real agenda other than to just spend time with my sis and her family Chris and I wandered around the island, took a trolley tour (so much fun), ate, played with the kids, and even had some adventures bike riding. 

Gorgeous bushes all long the beach. Why can't these grow in Bama?

Coronado Brewing company. Really fantastic beer.

Old Town Trolley stop. Highly recommend if you are even in the San Diego area.

We rode the trolley which takes you all over the San Diego area allowing you to stop, wander around, and board at your leisure. We also learned all sorts of interesting factoids from our trolley guides including where certain famous scenes of Top Gun were shot (and of course, the corresponding music to those scenes was played over their loud speakers)...not embarrassing at all. 

U.S. Navy Seals returning to their training camp on Coronado

The Famous Navy Seal Bar "McP's". All of those hanging mugs belong to specific customers with names. 

Old Town San Diego

Woman hand making tortilla's in Old Town San Diego. They were incredible!

California style burrito with french fries stuffed inside, shrimp tacos, beans and rice. Hey don't judge me, I was on vacation. 

Chris picking out some flowers at the farmers market for Nicole that are Cooper and Mackenzie's favorite colors. Cooper loves yellow, Mackenzie purple. 


This trip was a bit bittersweet since my sister and the twins are being re-assigned by the navy to Okinawa Japan this month...at the end of this week actually. My head and heart still haven't wrapped around this completely but I am excited for them to experience things most people would never have the opportunity to, at least that's what I keep telling myself. 

Nicole and Cooper enjoying dinner al fresco

Mackenzie and Chris enjoying the fresh vegetables from the farmers market

I obviously took a ton of pictures while visiting and would love to share them as well as some hilarious videos of us playing with the kids. Will have another post with all of that goodness. Every morning the twins would run across the hallway, knock on our door, then pile into the bed with "Aunt Panda and Unc Kiss". I loved every moment of this trip and wish we didn't live so far away but the silver lining is that it makes it that more special when we are with them. 

Baby Baker news~ We are meeting with our second adoption agency tomorrow afternoon to make sure that all of our options are being considered. We have not decided whether to adopt internationally or domestically at this time. There is a TON that goes into either one of these decisions and we want to make sure we have all of the information and have thought and prayed appropriately. 

Our goal is to have a decision by the end of this month and to officially begin the process (application turned in, first fee payed, and home studies began). 

Thank you again for your love and support! We will update again soon.

Much Love,

Amanda & Chris













No comments:

Post a Comment